Don’t get me wrong, I love living in Southern California, but we really don’t get much of a Fall around here (in terms of weather). Usually by the end of October some cooler weather comes creeping in, but until then it can be some of the hottest days of the year. All that hot hot heat doesn’t keep me from wanting those fall-time favorites (read: pumpkin everything!); it just means making some adjustments sometimes. Well, this recipe’s sort of like a pumpkin pie in a chilled smoothie form.
I picked up some Pumpkin Spice Meenut Butter while I was at Taste of Paleo a few weeks back, and I’ve been loving it in this smoothie! …but, you most definitely can make it without; just use regular almond butter with a little more pumpkin pie spices (I also suggest adding the coconut butter if you’re not using the Pumpkin Spice Meenut butter).
- 1 cup of ice
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree, chilled
- 4 dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup @meeeatpaleo Pumpkin Spice Power Meenut Butter or regular almond butter (if using regular almond butter, add more pumpkin pie spice)
- 1/2 - 3/4 Almond Milk or coconut milk (to desired thickness)*
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice (1/2 tsp if using regular almond butter)
- 1 tbsp of coconut butter (optional)
- Garnish with cinnamon
- Add all ingredients, in order, to blender, and blend until smooth. *I usually start with 1/2 cup almond milk, and then add more if it's too thick.
- Pour into glasses or mason jars, sprinkle a little cinnamon on top and enjoy!